Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Skeletons Galore

Check out the skeleton cartoons done by F.I. Chagnon for Cincinnati, Ohio's Grave Matters Bookstore in the early to mid-nineties. Funny. Perfect for this time of year, too. I am a big skeleton fan. (Too weird, I know.) For years I had a large skeleton cardboard cut-out hanging in one of my coat closets. Caused quite a stir whenever a guest went to hang a coat. HA! My idea of a joke: skeleton in the closet - get it?

Love the skeleton warriors with swords and shields, in the old (1963) Jason and the Argonauts movie. Great fun to watch.

Big fan of the skeleton covers on the Edgar Award winning Aaron Elkins' Gideon Oliver books, too. Of course, I love what's inside the books as well. Professor of Anthropology Gideon Oliver (known as The Skeleton Doctor) solves mysteries wherever skeletons are found - new or old. This is a terrific mystery series for those of you unfamiliar with it. I've read most every book Elkins has written and I can recommend them all to you.

4 comments:

  1. I've just discovered you. What an absolutely gorgeous blog! You've many of my favoureits in your side bars and I love the colours/presentation. Thank you for the link in your blog roll - I will reciprocate at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words and for dropping by. I'm relatively new at this blogging thing, so encouragement is VERY welcomed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette, I just came across your lovely review of LOOT. I don't know that I've ever read a review of one of my books that made me happier. I mean, it's always nice to read positive words, but rarely does anybody indicate that she got out of my work exactly what I tried to put into it. You obviously did.
    You're the reader I've been writing for all these years--thank you!
    Aaron

    So thank you m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aaron, thanks so much for dropping by. I am thrilled that you read my review of LOOT and liked it. You've made my day, that's for sure. (I like to think that I am your biggest fan in the state of New Jersey.) I'm glad I was able to 'get' it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.