Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Ray Harryhausen!


Just learned it's Ray Harryhausen's birthday from Mythical Monkey at his movie blog.

Harryhausen is one of the best, if not THE best special effects wizard the movies ever spawned.


It's never too late to wish anyone a Happy Birthday! Especially a special effects giant.

Watch the truly amazing skeleton fight from JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS here.


Check out the Official Ray Harryhausen Website here.

Still trying to figure out how to embed videos. I'll get the hang of it one of these days.

4 comments:

  1. I love Harryhausen's work! Two years ago, I "made" my Film Club watch a series of his movies, and I created a slew of 15-year-old fans. Bwahh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healigan: I love his work too! I'm still taken aback today by the skeleton sequence. And Mighty Joe Young, who could ever forget Mighty Joe. LOVE HIM!

    We're groupies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harryhausen is certainly one of the best special effects wizards!

    If a video has an "embed" code --like most Youtube videos will show when you click on the "share" button all you have to do it copy and past the code and go to the HTML tab on your blog in edit and drop the code in where you want the video to show up. It will not be visible when you go back to your "compose" mode, you will only see a greay box, but if you click on "preview" you will see it is in your blog post.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pat! I'll give it another try next time. Yeah, yeah, I'm chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.