Saturday, February 5, 2011

This is what it feels like today.


Today I know what Shackleton felt when his ship got trapped in the ice. I'm a prisoner in my own home. This has been the worst winter since forever. (I exagerate, but you know what I mean.) If I didn't have this blog and Facebook to vent on, I'd take my life in my hands, fling curses into the wind and jump in the nearest snow bank. Except the nearest snow bank is hard as cement and I'd slide right off, broken limbs and all.

Rocky doesn't like it much either.

4 comments:

  1. Makes it easy to see how people in ye olden days got cabin fever and went bonkers, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lisa, I am on the verge. HA! The hardest part is it feels like it's been this way for ages! And yet, really, it's only been a month and a few days. GAK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be quite content to stay in all day when the bad weather prevents my morning walks. It is cozy to drink hot liquids and gaze out the window at the falling snow. But I can understand why Rocky doesn't like being cooped up! It's a dogs life to be out and about, sniffing all the new odors left behind by other dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though Rocky is an over-sized chihuahua, he still likes to take his walks - as long as we don't wander far, of course. I feel bad for him, but just now he was slipping and sliding trying to lift his leg then finally gave up and gave me such a look. HA!

    Oh, he is a sniffer, all right. Jeez.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.