Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Better Late Than Never: February is National Library Lovers Month

I'm a little late to the dance, but that's the usual course for me. In honor of all library lovers everywhere (myself included) Murder, Mystery and Mayhem posted a pretty comprehensive list of library mysteries. Here's the complete list on the MMM website.

There are quite a few on the MMM list I haven't read. Time to add to the old TBR list. For my money, the library is always the perfect place for a spot of murder.

My own favorite mayhem in the library books?: The Miss Zukas mysteries by Jo Dereske.

Link to the Fantastic Fiction site and a complete list of the excellent Miss Zukas mysteries. (This is a series that should be read in order.)

7 comments:

  1. Omigosh! More websites and more lists of books!

    I did not know about Murder, Mystery and Mayhem, but have now bookmarked this website.

    I also didn't know about the Miss Zukas mysteries, but will check them out.

    This is a 24/7 job--the blogs, the reading--even making the TBR lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, yes, cheers to libraries! Some of my fondest memories of childhood were in libraries, looking at books, checking them out, reading them, then returning them to look anew.

    One of the best things about my city is the library system. I sometimes will check out other branches when I'm in another part of town. It's an adventure.

    And one's budget is saved so much expense--now with dvd's, too--and cd's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy: Yes, MMM is a great site. There are several more that I try to check out when I have a moment or two. You never know what's going to turn up.

    Oh, if you're not careful, it does get to be time-consuming. No doubt. ;)

    I've read all the Miss Zukas mysteries. They are especially nice when you're in a cozy frame of mind. But begin at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, meant to add: If it weren't for libraries, I just don't know what I'd do. I'm lucky to live withing walking distance of a local library. It's my hang-out place. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto! Without libraries, I would be without books and movies.

    I just picked up dvd's of "The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest," the first in the Brother Cadfael series, which I never read or saw before and more.

    I now have room to reserve "Deja Vu" and "20th Century," maybe "Pimpernel Smith," but now my TBS list of movies if piling up, with movies pushing each other out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, libraries rule!! I've had a library card since I was six years old. I can't imagine any kid who's life wouldn't be enriched by a library card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My card from New York City Greenwich Village branch when I was 3--the youngest (then) to have ever gotten a library card.

    Books were like gold to me then, and still are.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.