Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've Been Tagged...!

Tagged by Sue H from her blog, I REFUSE TO GO QUIETLY. Now you know what bloggers spend their time doing - ha! - playing tag. Hey, it's not ALL about books and films and art. Fun is where you find it. I'm supposed to answer some questions now, then tag three other blogs, so be afraid, be very afraid....ta-da-da-da-ta-da-da-da!

Questions, questions...

1) If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be? Moment? Hmmm... How about moments? A few moments out of the splendid day when my daughter was 10 and we went together to Book Expo in NYC at the Javits. A wonderful day.

2) If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? This is hard because I'm one of those people who wishes she could go back and change many things. Hard to pick just one. But okay - I wish I had not subjected my Bouvier des Flandres, Amie (the ultimate dog of my heart) to painful surgery which did nothing but make her suffer. I'm still not over my guilt and this was many years ago.

3) What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality? I think, maybe, the Elaine May character, Henrietta Lowell, in the comedy A NEW LEAF - but not in looks or in monetary worth (I wish I had Henrietta's millions.)

4) If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?Rush Limbaugh- ha! But no, I couldn't do it. Too much guilt. Not worth it.

5) Name one habit you would like to change in yourself. Oh, yegads! So many bad habits to choose from. Here's one: I wish I did not procrastinate quite so much.

6) Describe yourself in one word. Two words: typical Gemini.

7) Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word. Hyphenated words: heck-of-a-writer.

8) Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence. Because I am a chatty, opinionated sort of person with varied interests and blogging is an outlet.

Now that I've answered the questions I have to pick three bloggers to tag in return. Who will they be?

Skye at FIRST TIME MAMA, FIRST TIME BLOGGER

Jacqueline at ANOTHER OLD MOVIE BLOG

Bev at MY READER'S BLOCK

Gotcha!

Now I have to figure out how to go about ACTUALLY tagging them. Ha!


18 comments:

  1. Snap! I'm Gemini, too (not that I follow horoscopes, but I do have that 'dual identity' syndrome!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! Did ya have to tag me so hard? I'll do my best to fabricate some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap. Snap! Back at you, girl. We're both afflicted with Geminism. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jacqueline - I get carried away. HA! It's that whole blindfold thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers!

    You had a Bouvier? They are amazing dogs. I met one the other day.

    Have you read Stephen White's series set in Colorado featuring Alan Gregory? In reality, White owns a Bouvier, and one is featured in his books. I've learned more about this breed from that series than from the Internet.

    Agree on Rush Limbaugh. I'd add Glenn Beck, and the whole FOX TV crew, and everyone in Congress who voted for budget cuts and is out to gut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. But, hey, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did my thing with the tagging....some of those questions were hard to answer.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Gemini raising her hand here to join the club! Maybe if we all pushed Rush off the cliff we wouldn't feel so guilty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy: Oh, I will definitely look at White's books now that I know there's a Bouvier in the mix. Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

    Glenn Beck - how could I forget him. Maybe he and Rush could hold hands as we shove them both off the cliff. HA! Agree about Congress. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bev: No problem. I did check your blog, but somehow I missed that you'd already participated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for tagging me!! I will be doing this soon! Rush has already sabotaged himself and pushed himself off his own cliff so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat: As Kathy said, Glenn Beck too. As I said: holding hands together. We can share the guilt. Ha!

    And guess what: My granddaughter is also a Gemini, though she was born in May. I have a feeling she's going to be an artist...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skye: From your lips to God's ears. Ha! You're right his own words will condemn him AND Beck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The good thing is that young children can start doing artistic things very young.

    My neighbor had her grandchildren on the floor with water-proof paints and huge pieces of paper at young ages. They had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a similar experience with Bridey, our sweet, beautiful Irish Wolfhound. We try to do our best for them, but our decisions on their behalf often haunt us.
    You know I love your blog. It's so varied and visually interesting. We also have similar tastes in books, so I always look forward to my morning visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much, Joan. Yes, we try to do our best by them - I keep that in mind. But all these years later, it still hurts. Irish Wolfhounds are very special dogs too. Bridey, what a sweet name.

    I really do appreciate your kind remarks about my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are important moments I wish I could relive and change, involving people very close to me, momenta that I would have handled differently.

    Looked at Skye's blog, and must say that, although all of the pictures are beautiful, the one of your granddaughter looking at the Dogwood flowers is wonderful. She is really concentrating on enjoying them. (Also, she'll be feeding the ducks herself soon.)

    Some friends have an Irish Wolfhound named Zelda. They got her a pet goat to keep her company; this in a house of lizards, snakes, and a nasty parrot. Sounds like a zoo. They love it. The animals are all doted upon, even the slimy reptiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathy: Wait, wait, the goat lives indoors? Nah, surely not...Goats tend to leave a trail of little black pellets wherever they go. HAHA!! I love the idea of a whole housefull of animals. Fun. Zelda is a great name for a dog, especially a large dog. :)

    Yes, my granddaughter is often photographed by her mom. Pretty soon I expect she'll get jaded about the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.