Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Movies: Spend An Evening With A Monster


I don't know about you, but for me, Fall says: Monster  Movie TIME!

October is not only one of my favorite months of the year, it is also the month to indulge my craving for vintage monster movies. But ONLY vintage, I don't watch the new-fangled stuff - too gory for my tastes.

So with that in mind I'm launching October Movies - One Monster Flick  At A Time - A Post a week for the next four.

Stay tuned.

(In the same spirit, I am currently reading DRACULA by Bram Stoker and funnily enough, I don't think I've ever read it before. This is one of very few vampire books I am willing to tolerate. In fact, I am loving it.)

*****************************

Note: Double headed monster source

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your monster movie posts, and I adore Dracula. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read your monster movie post and your Dracula post.

    I'm not going to read/see vampire-themed books or movies.

    But I'll get a kick out of reading these posts, which will be hilarious, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan: It's a really terrific but creepy book. I've only ever read two other vampire bools in my whole life. One by Anne Rice bored me. The second one which I recommend to people who DON'T like vampire books is SUNSHINE by Robin McKinley. If you haven't read that one - then do so immediately. :)

    DRACULA is the third and final book I think I will ever read about the undead. And it's the best.

    A classic for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pressure, Kathy. Read as you like. THere's always someting around here to fit your reading fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvette, with this rain in Maine I have been watching to many movies. Come on Indian Summer.
    I only have to look in the mirror to get scared.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne: HA! Me too, let me tell you. It's scary.

    I saw your pix the other day at the party post, you're not scary at all. :)

    I hope the rain stops immediately. We've had tons of it here as well. GAK!

    But today is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.