Friday, November 4, 2011

5 From the Library


Some of the books I'd been looking forward to reading this Fall are in at the local library no more. They're at home, in my clutches. Finally!

(I have a few more on hold and am waiting patiently for my turn.)



1) The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Spencer Quinn

I wouldn't miss this for the world. The next entry in the saga of Chet and Bernie. Faded private eye and his caring dog. No cutesy-poo, just terrific writing.




2) I'm Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley

The next book in the Flavia de Luce series featuring a 12 year old prodigy/crime-solver turned loose in the 1950's English countryside. A mystery genre breath of fresh air.




3) A Paradise For Fools by Nicholas Kilmer

Fred Taylor is back, and I've got him. He and Boston Brahmin art collector Clayton Reed get involved in another art related murder.




4) Misery Bay by Steve Hamilton

The melancholy private detective Alex McKnight returns. Hunting for a ruthless killer in the upper reaches of the ice cold Michigan Peninsula.




5) Ghost Hero by S.J. Rozan

The very latest in the Bill Smith and Lydia Chin private eye mysteries based in Manhattan. If this one is anything like Rozan's last few books, it will be fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. I need to read I'm Half Sick of Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great series, Ryan. I think you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.