I read Keli Goff's hilarious post, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BAD CHRISTMAS MOVIES? And wanted to share the experience. Laughing out loud at this time of year is highly recommended. I laughed while reading this and gave thanks I'd never seen (and never will see) any of the films mentioned.
Then I decided to add a few of my own Christmas 'no-no's' to the list. Yes, I'm willing to take the risk of being thought a grouchy old dame.(Ha!) Here are six dubious holiday movie ideas I would definitely avoid at Christmas.
1) Any Christmas movie with Jim Carrey in it. Period. He just doesn't get it and I don't get him.
2) Any Christmas movie that involves sugary romance re-discovered, re-lived or remembered. Since when did Christmas become date night? 2-A) Any Christmas movie where one of any two is dying of some mysterious disease.
3) Any Christmas movie with aliens from outer space. Am I the only one who sees no resonance in this?
4) Any Christmas movie with people doing drugs. I mean - huh?! No, I am just not that jaded yet and I hope I never will be.
5) Any Christmas movie that might star Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino or Jack Nicholson. So wrong, on so many levels.
6) Any Christmas movie that involves brave little orphans making do. Dickens already did.