Monday, November 1, 2010

VOTE!


I hope you're planning to take a few moments out of your day to vote today. The President's enemies have apparently succeeded in fooling most of the public most of the time. Also apparently, some people who should know better, have forgotten the Bush years and wish us to return to the incompetence that landed us in the soup. The country cannot/could not be fixed in two years, anyone who expected this obviously did not know the enormity of the problem.

The bitter irony is that the President's plan is working. Slowly, but it's working. The middle class got a tax cut it wasn't even aware of. This helped the economy as well. How did anyone expect the President to solve problems which were years in the making, in the space of 24 months? Let's, for once in our history, be realistic. Let's not let ignorance and venality rule the day.

Example: Republican John Boehner who wishes to be the new Speaker of the House is running an anti-Washington campaign though he has been in Washington and at the very root of what's gone wrong in this country for 18 years! In what universe does this make any sense?

And yet, he is getting away with it. They're all getting away with it because people aren't stopping to think. It's much easier to simply believe the ugly lies and nonsensical rhetoric they hear on right wing radio and tv. Hate is alive in this country, but we can stop it in its tracks by voting today for the President's policies, for his party and for the future of this country.

Please read Patti's post over at pattinase blog. She says it better than I can.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself. I just posted a quick reminder on my blog about voting but didn't get to specific with it, though I'm thinking I should have.

    To tell you the truth, all of these Tea Party people that are about to win, scare the hell out of me. Thankfully we will be able to correct this craziness in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping against hope that we don't lose the Senate. You may be right,Ryan: when the people realize (too late) what these Tea Party wackos are up to, they'll come to their senses for the next election. I just can't understand how people with supposed common sense can fall for this Tea Party flim-flam. It's like in that film ELMER GANTRY - remember? (I still ask myself how was it possible that Bush won a second term.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.