Saturday, November 27, 2010

Music in Films: DIVA

Wilhelmenia Wiggins Fernandez singing the gorgeous aria from La Wally, Act. I. This occurs at the very beginning of the 1980's French film, DIVA, still, after all this time, my favorite romance/crime-thriller. The synchronization is a bit off on this video unfortunately, but I wanted you to see the glorious diva at work. If you haven't seen this film, you must get your hands on it asap, drop everything and watch it. (The subtitled version, of course. No dubbing allowed.)

The dvd is a GREAT Christmas gift for the romance/mystery/Francophile on your list. (Talk about hitting several birds with one stone.)

I'd also recommend this film as a superb example of the often brilliant art of set decoration and design. Esthetically, simply a beautiful film to watch above and beyond the amazing screenplay, terrific direction, wonderful acting and camerawork. Am I besotted with this film? Emphatically, yes!


The divine Wilelmenia Wiggins Fernandez as she appears in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after I take a look.