Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Library Loot

In the spirit of bringing coals to Newcastle, I've just gotten back from the library with an armload of loot. A bonanza of mystery/thrillers. (Lately I seem to be in a mystery/thriller mood. More so than usual, I mean.)

  • Red Herring by Archer Mayor Another in the long-running and generally excellent Joe Gunther series set in Vermont. Crime in Vermont? Yeah, it happens. Who knew? There's even a Vermont Bureau of Investigation.
  • Murder on the Ballarat Train by Kerry Greenwood. A Phryne Fisher mystery set in 1920's Australia by an author new to me. I've been reading about this series on some of the blogs so thought I'd take a look.
  • The Reversal by Michael Connelly A Harry Bosch/Mickey Haller thriller. I don't read Connelly regularly, but when I do, he mostly delivers. This new one sounds particularly interesting. His books are usually set in L.A. Favorite Connellys? The Poet, Trunk Music, Echo Park and Blood Work.
  • Dark Mirror by Barry Maitland A Brock and Kolla police procedural set in England. A series I've just discovered and like very much.
  • Shoot to Thrill by P.J. Tracy Been waiting several years for this next Monkeewrench novel (by a mother/daughter writing team), set in Minnesota. I'm hoping it was worth the wait. This is a series well worth searching for. Begin at the beginning with: Monkeewrench
  • Worth Dying For by Lee Child Last but not least, the sequel to 61 Hours by the unchallenged master of the thriller-diller. Two books in one year is a rare treat from Lee, so needless to say, I've been waiting with bated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after I take a look.