Monday, November 8, 2010

Magicians' Magician Charles Reynolds Has Died


I'm not a big fan of magic acts, but when I happened to read this obituary in today's NY Times, I thought this man, Charles Reynolds, sounded like a unique sort of person. Someone I'd liked to have known. PLUS he lived in a book-lined 'little house' in Greenwich Village, one of my very favorite places in the world. (Who wouldn't want to live in a book-lined little house there?) I'm always fascinated by people who made of their lives exactly what they wanted to make. Reading about Reynolds, my immediate thought was: someone needs to make a movie of his life.

So in honor of Charles Reynolds, I present these vintage assorted magic posters. (You'll agree they are pretty special, I think). I love their vivid images, colors and wonderful, dramatic design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after I take a look.