Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday Salon: Salute to Super Bowl Weekend

Hall Groat II - Source


J.C. Leyendecker - Legendary Golden Age Illustrator

More of J.C. Leyendecker's work

Even more of J.C. Leyendecker

J.C. Leyendecker

J.C. Leyendecker

J.C. Leyendecker

Hall Groat II - Tribute to Jim Brown - Source

Sunday's Super Bowl Game promises to be a great one what with both teams so evenly matched. I'm kind of hoping the Baltimore Ravens win, but I won't be upset either way. 

Of course, the BIG story is that coach  Jim Harbaugh for the San Francisco 49ers and coach John Harbaugh for the Baltimore Ravens are brothers. (Or is it the other way around?) At any rate - can you imagine? 

The Harbaugh family can be assured on one thing: there will be a Super Bowl trophy in their hands on Sunday night.

Associated Press
The Harbaugh brothers with their father Jack.

The Leyendecker paintings were culled from several sourced on the net, some of which are currently non-existent.

2 comments:

  1. I know that Artist, only because at first glance I thought it was my family name. He was really terrific. Downton Abbey is just one
    thing after another. Mary want's to be nice, it's just harder .
    Waiting for the warm weather..
    be well yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the warm weather down here as well, Yvonne. We've had some pretty nasty days lately though I always say: it could have been worse.

    Global warming has really affected our winters here in NJ.

    I sort of lost interest in Downton Abbey which I think was not really meant to be going on and on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.