Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's New Book


Well, not really new, NEW, it was written when Doyle was 23, but THE NARRATIVE OF JOHN SMITH, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's first novel, is newly published this week. Originally 'lost in the mail' (yes, I kid you not), it was eventually re-writen by Doyle (left unfinished), and now these many years later,  the British Library is publishing it.

I hadn't heard the news until I read the scoop on Elizabeth Foxwell's blog, THE BUNBURYIST. 

Since I'm usually a day late and a dollar short, I'm playing catch-up. But, figuring there might be a few of us left who didn't know about it, here's a link which gives much more detail about the manuscript.

In conjunction with the publication of THE NARRATIVE OF JOHN SMITH, The British Library is having an exhibition of the actual manuscript and other Doyle ephemera.

Arthur Conan Doyle

To read about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, please go to his Wikipedia page.

4 comments:

  1. Yvette: You are a good internet detective. I had not heard of "the lost book". I will be interested in seeing reviews on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill: I am a regular Sherlock Holmes. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh awesome. I'm definitely interested in checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should, Lauren. Then post about it for sure. Though it's not a Holmes story.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.