Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday:10 Books (plus one) I Own But Haven't Read - And Yes, I Want To Read Them.
Top Ten Tuesday is the weekly meme run by the gals over THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH. This week - something different - we get a free pass to pick any topic we choose. This is my entry: 10 Books (plus one) I Own But Haven't Read and Yes, I (Definitely) Want To Read Them.
I've bought several of these books (some were given to me) over time with the best of intentions. Truly. They all interest me enormously. ALL have been very highly recommended by friends or blogs or print reviewers I like and admire. So what's the hold up?
Okay, I admit it, it's partly intimidation, but also -
The problem is squeezing these titles in between my other reading. The problem is that these books are not the sorts of things you can just breeze through. The problem is that my reading speed has slowed. But despite all that, I'm determined to read them. Not determined in a bad way, determined in a good way.
1) HOWARD'S END by E.M. Forster
2) BLEAK HOUSE by Charles Dickens
3) CAN YOU FORGIVE HER? by Anthony Trollope
4) PHINEAS FINN by Anthony Trollope
5) AN INSTANCE OF THE FINGERPOST by Iain Pears
6) A DISTANT MIRROR The Calamitous 14th Century by Barbara Tuchman
7) GLADSTONE by Roy Jenkins
8) WINSTON CHURCHILL by Roy Jenkins
9) LINCOLN by David Herbert Donald
10) DISRAELI by Robert Blake
11) THE WORST JOURNEY IN THE WORLD by Apsley Cherry-Garrard