Although 'sweet' is not a word I would normally associate with myself - ha! - I've managed somehow to pull the wool over enough people's eyes and presto-change-o, I've won an Irresistibly Sweet Award from one of my favorite bloggers, the always fun to read movie-lady, Caftan Woman. Check out her blog, you'll see what I mean.
It's interesting that the award features a strawberry shortcake - only my favorite desert - well, next to Peach Melba and far as I know there's no Peach Melba award, so shortcake it is. In fact, strawberries are my favorite fruit. So, thank you Caftan Woman for thinking of me, for mentioning me and for awarding me. You're a peach...uh, strawberry. (Doesn't sound the same.) You know what I mean.
Here's what I'm supposed to do next.
Reveal 7 random unknown facts about myself and mention and pass on the award to 12 (!?) other bloggers. But since I recently bestowed an award on five bloggers, I think for this one I'll just list six other bloggers. Hope that's okay with everyone.
How random they are, I'm not sure, but here are some facts about myself which will stagger you almost beyond imagination:
1) I was born in Puerto Rico but I hate hot weather. Go figure.
2) I used to take the ferry across to Staten Island from Manhattan to go horse back riding.
3) I expect to win the lottery any day now even though I always forget to buy a ticket. (I KNOW!)
4) When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a movie director.
5) I once took acting lessons with Frankie Lymon's brother, Louie. (Remember Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers? Why Do Fools Fall In Love?)
6) First time I fired a gun I hit pay dirt. Sort of. Actually, it was a shotgun. We were skeet shooting in Florida off a barge in a lake and I hit the third clay pigeon I aimed at. First and only time I ever shot anything. I won the beginner's trophy since all the other first-timers hit zippo.
7) Once upon a time I lived in California for six months until I fled - home to NYC defeated by culture shock. Yes, I admit it!
Six blogs I find irresistibly sweet: (But in a good way.)
A Pretty Book is the place to go to see wonderfully unique photos of books and book-related objects. I think of it as a kind of old fashioned scrapbook except it's online.
First Time Blogger, First Time Mama is my daughter's blog and what's a little nepotism between friends? Here you'll find all kinds of mothering and blogging tips plus gorgeous pix of my granddaughter. What could be better?
Kitling Books is a terrific book blog full of reviews and booky lore, not to mention the painting of one of my favorites, Deborah DeWit Marchant. I especially like the Wednesday Scene of the Blog posts (I was featured in one recently) in which bloggers reveal homey details about where they blog.
Letters From A Hill Farm is Nan's beautifully put together blog about country life, food, books, gardening and whatever else catches her eye.
My Reader's Block is Bev's all-about-books blog full of reviews and book chatter. If there's anyone who reads more than Bev, I've never met her. She is also the host of the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge - one of my favorites.
Lauren Hairston is a beautifully designed blog about movies, food, collectibles and anything else that catches Lauren's creative eye.
Okay, I'm going to take a strawberry break now. It just so happens I went food shopping this morning and the strawberries looked good. But just to be virtuous I'll have them with yogurt. Really.
Strawberry Shortcake - remember her?