Wednesday, August 11, 2010

'Amelie' Artist Michael Sowa

Well, one of my very favorite blogs is Anna's LOVE FOR BOOKS. It features mostly vintage children's book illustrations. I'll show you just why I am so in love with it. I have been searching high and low for this beautiful 'Amelie' peacock and at last I've found it. Serendipity. I am smitten with this picture. And look at all the others, oh my. They are sinister while at the same being 'sweet' and magical. How is this possible? It just is. I didn't even know who the artist was, originally, I just knew I had to see more of his work.

The paintings are by German artist Michael Sowa and from these alone I am besotted with his work. Yes, I am shameless, I know but I am besotted. Michael's work appears in a few scenes in the wonderful romantic fairy tale film, AMELIE. If you saw the film, you'll remember the art - I hope. I've never forgotten it and today - woohoo! - I found it on one my favorite blogs. I'm gushing, I know, but that's how certain art affects me.

"If you want your children to be bright,
read them fairytales.
If you want them to be brilliant read them
more fairy tales."

Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after I take a look.