Thursday, September 19, 2013

International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Artwork for CAPTAIN BLOOD by N.C. Wyeth

Best. Pirate. Book. Ever

Second. Best. Pirate Book. Ever.

Best. Pirate. Movie. Ever. (This is the French poster, I think.)

Best. Pirate. Hero. Ever. Errol Flynn. Swoon.

Best. Pirate. Villain. Ever. Basil Rathbone.

Second Best. Pirate. Villain. Ever. Captain Hook, of course.

Funniest. Pirate. Book. Ever. Well, one of them anyway.

And a pix of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow - just because.

As I always like to say: what's a day without a good snarl! Aaaargh!

8 comments:

  1. And I read 'Pirate Girl' by Cornelia Funke, to the children today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect way to celebrate, Kirk. :)

      Delete
  2. Johnny Depp and Errol Flynn! Really!

    Those two actors in pirate costumes! Not unlike Hugh Jackson on horseback! Only more dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - though I think I would want to make room for Cary Elwes from PRINCESS BRIDE and maybe Tyrone Power from THE BLACK SWAN too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvette, those Rafael Sabatini covers are really good. I could kick myself for not reading any of his book so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his books - well, at least those I've read. Coming up next: SCARAMOUCHE. Available free online.

      Delete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.