Friday, October 28, 2011

HOUDINI'S MAGIC TICKET Questionnaire.


I was reading I LUV CINEMA's blog when I came across this little questionnaire. I loved the answers ILC posted and thought I'd like to do my own post as well. The original idea and questions came from Dan at TOP TEN FILMS, so please link over there to see what's what. You'll also find a list of links to other movie mavens and their responses to these intriguing prompts.

It looks like I missed out on all the original Blog-A-Thon hoopla, but along the lines of better being late than never, here are my answers::

1) What Character would you most like to be sat next to on a plane?


Well, I'm not a good flyer. I don't like to chat or drink while flying. I mainly just sit in abject misery. But if I had to choose someone to share my misery with, I guess I'd choose Captain Jean Luc Picard. This way, if the plane developed trouble, I'd be assured that my seat -mate would take matters in hand.

2) What Character would you most want to enjoy a passionate romance with?

If I were 25 years younger? See answer above.


3) If you were a cop who would you want as your partner?

Sherlock Holmes.

4) What animated feature would you most like to walk around in?



Because I love the London envisioned by Disney's designers and animators, as well as their English countryside.Plus I'm a dog person. Walking where many dogs promenade is a chancey business. Except in the world created by Disney.


5) What adventure based on earth would you most like to go on?



The search up the Amazon River for The Creature From the Black Lagoon. But only if I could SCUBA dive too AND survive.


6) What movie gadget would you like to try out or steal?

Rod Taylor in his Time Machine.

The time travel machine in THE TIME MACHINE. But I'd make better choices than H.G. Well's hero. I hope.


7) What film's plot would you alter and how would you do it?


I'd make Kong live to a ripe old age back on his island. How? I'd have had the the ship run aground  - a sandbank or something - just yards beyond the island and have Kong walk back to shore after he breaks out of the ship's hold.

Failing that I'd give the film the same ending at MIGHTY JOE YOUNG. Kong is smuggled unto a ship in the harbor (after he rappels down the side of the Empire State Building dodging bullets) and taken back to his island.


8) What one film would you most want to be transported into, simply to be a part of that world?

Singing In The Rain

**************************

What would YOUR answers be?


12 comments:

  1. Yvette, Please forgive me being completely off-topic. I don't see if you share an email address. Here is my question: off the top of your head, no digging or trouble, please, can you think of a noir - or mystery story that takes place, in part, on a carnival or amusement park midway? Thank you. Boy, do I have some catching up to do over here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnival Story? It's noir and stars: Anne Baxter, Steve Cochran, Lyle Bettger and George Nader.

    Haven't seen it in ages, but somebody was writing about it recently and recommended it.

    Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quiz and I like your answers too! I'll attempt some of them — so many possibilities...

    1. Character(s) I would most like to be sat next to on a plane would be LAUREL & HARDY.

    3. If I were a cop I would want TERRENCE HILL and BUD SPENCER as my partner(s).

    4. TOM & JERRY is the animated feature I would most like to walk around in.

    5. What adventure based on earth would you most like to go on? THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN!

    7. The film plot I would alter would be THE CHAMP for the poor kid's sake. Directors can be cruel. ROCKY survived through half-a-dozen bloody sequels, didn't he?

    8. What one film would you most want to be transported into, simply to be a part of that world? It's a toss-up between SOUND OF MUSIC and THE NEVERENDING STORY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to help out Marylinn. Here are some others mystery and/or crime films with carney settings:

    NIGHTMARE ALLEY (1947) w/ Tyrone Power and Joan Blondell

    NIGHT TIDE (1961) w/ Dennis Hopper

    DANTE'S INFERNO (1931) w/ Spencer Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXCELLENT choices, Yvette! Glad you decided to take part. I especially like Sherlock Holmes, 101 Dalmations (for the reason you cite - A Disneyfied London - what could be better) and the Time Machine as envisioned by HG Wells :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prashant: GREAT answers! Forgot about TinTin's adventures. Of course. Okay, that would be my second choice. :)

    Laurel and Hardy - and inspired choice. Except they'd probably bring down the plane. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, John. I couldn't think of any others. My mind just went blank. Well, more blank than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. iluvcinema: Thanks! Well, it was a fun quiz. I'm glad you featured it.

    I love this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't going to comment until I posted this list but there are a few I can't think of answer too yet.

    So here are the ones I already know.

    3. Nick Charles

    4. It's a tie between The Triplets of Bellville and Disney's version of Robin Hood.

    5. Around the World In 80 Days

    8. Auntie Mame

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ryan: Nick Charles would probably be drinking martinis and ask you to join him. :)

    Good choices, Ryan. I think I might have choses AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS for the journey question, myself. I thought of it...but then it slipped my old lady mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks for taking part in this Yvette, I've added a link to your Houdini Magic Ticket adventure on the hosting page.

    I'm liking your passion for Patrick Stewart. Patrick is the Chancellor of the University I went to and we got to meet him and had a q and a session about his life as an actor and his film work. That was really good.

    Although many people have gone with tome travel for the movie gadget, it is nice to see a time machine other than the DeLorean from back To The Future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome, Dan - it was so much fun! I love a quiz with questions that make me think.

    Oh, fortunate you to get to meet and chat with Sir Patrick. :)

    ...and thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.