I was reading I LUV CINEMA's blog when I came across this little questionnaire. I loved the answers ILC posted and thought I'd like to do my own post as well. The original idea and questions came from Dan at TOP TEN FILMS, so please link over there to see what's what. You'll also find a list of links to other movie mavens and their responses to these intriguing prompts.
It looks like I missed out on all the original Blog-A-Thon hoopla, but along the lines of better being late than never, here are my answers::
1) What Character would you most like to be sat next to on a plane?
Well, I'm not a good flyer. I don't like to chat or drink while flying. I mainly just sit in abject misery. But if I had to choose someone to share my misery with, I guess I'd choose Captain Jean Luc Picard. This way, if the plane developed trouble, I'd be assured that my seat -mate would take matters in hand.
2) What Character would you most want to enjoy a passionate romance with?
If I were 25 years younger? See answer above.
3) If you were a cop who would you want as your partner?
4) What animated feature would you most like to walk around in?
Because I love the London envisioned by Disney's designers and animators, as well as their English countryside.Plus I'm a dog person. Walking where many dogs promenade is a chancey business. Except in the world created by Disney.
5) What adventure based on earth would you most like to go on?
The search up the Amazon River for The Creature From the Black Lagoon. But only if I could SCUBA dive too AND survive.
6) What movie gadget would you like to try out or steal?
Rod Taylor in his Time Machine.
The time travel machine in THE TIME MACHINE. But I'd make better choices than H.G. Well's hero. I hope.
7) What film's plot would you alter and how would you do it?
I'd make Kong live to a ripe old age back on his island. How? I'd have had the the ship run aground - a sandbank or something - just yards beyond the island and have Kong walk back to shore after he breaks out of the ship's hold.
Failing that I'd give the film the same ending at MIGHTY JOE YOUNG. Kong is smuggled unto a ship in the harbor (after he rappels down the side of the Empire State Building dodging bullets) and taken back to his island.
8) What one film would you most want to be transported into, simply to be a part of that world?
Singing In The Rain
What would YOUR answers be?