Thursday, July 29, 2010

Book Shelves, Book Shelves!


Where would we booklovers be without them? How many shelves do you have in your house/apartment? Are you a bookshelves-in-every-room type as I am? Are you running out of space for all the books you'd like to own, all the books you surely do intend, at some point, to read? Do you find yourself gazing longingly at bookshelves in the furniture/antique/etc. store, wishing you could find just the spot for that really nice, tall one over there? Do you find yourself re-arranging rooms occasionally just to fit in another bookcase you simply had to lug home from a garage sale? If all your answers are 'yes'. Then welcome to the madness.

I have bookshelves in every room except the bathroom and I've only stopped there because I know humidity is the kiss of death for books. Well, of course then, in the living room, there's always the coffee table to pile high with books.

And I do.

The pile of paperbacks pictured is from the bookshelf in the laundry room which is just the perfect depth for my collection of old paperbacks galore. The shelf with the scottie bookend tucked in between books is from the kitchen. The only shelves missing are the cookbook shelf also in the kitchen and the nice white painted one from my bedroom which is extra deep and has room on each shelf for double rows of books.

Oh, and recently I added another shelf in the laundry room.

When will this madness end?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks God, it will never end! I have to take pictures of mine! I have a sort of a column with my last thrillers that is going to fall on my head soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't keep up with your blogs! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a lot of fun, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect that we are all at risk from the danger posed by towering stacks of books. My wife fully expects to come home and find that the piles have collapsed and that I am buried somewhere near the bottom. Of course, as she's a school librarian, she has contributed to the piles...they're not ALL my mysteries...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine a more perfect profession for a booklover than librarian. Nice to know you can share the blame for all the books piling up in your home. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....I, too, work in a library! My husband works for the Campaigne for Real Ale here in the UK - consequently our shelves are filled with beer bottles and books....!

    ('Sue', from the LC forum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combo: Beer and books! Thanks so much Sue, for dropping by my new blog. Hope you'll come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...following you now - and added you to my blog-roll! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I returned the compliment, Sue. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after I take a look.